Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Indian Food is Spicy!

Last night I visited a friend of mine and his wife, who recently moved to the United States. She prepared an Indian dish that is popular in her home town. It was delicious, and it was HOT. I asked my friend and his wife what they thought of American foods, and they both responded that it was bland.

My friend, who has lived in the US for years and years now, often eats the traditional American mix of stuff (maybe he has even snuck a hamburger). He said that after a short period of dining exclusively American foods, he had an Indian meal. He said it burned the living (bad word) out of him. He continued to eat the food, and quick adjusted to the spicy heat. And within a few short weeks, he was calling the hot stuff... normal.

I am thinking, maybe there is a lesson in there. I had the Indian dish last night for the first time, and it was truly delicious. I couldn't stop eating it. It was HOT too... but if I continue to eat it every day (I brought home some of the left overs) I will adjust to the heat. In business there is things that we are fearful to do, because we know we are going to experience the heat. But if only we did do them would we find out that they are delicious. And if we stuck with it, the heat would become normal quickly.

Push yourself to try something new. A little bit of heat is good for you.

No comments: