Thursday, January 10, 2008

College Startup - Graduate with a Profit

If there was anything I got out of college it was a hangover. I never thought about what the next stage of life would be, besides getting a 9 to 5 job. When reality slapped me in the face, I found that working for the man stinks. So... I left to start a company. If only I had tried that earlier, I would be farther along today.

Reflecting back it is clear to me the best time to start a business is while you are in school. You don't have to work a full time insane work schedule, and keep the grads up. But you can slowly ramp a business and learn as you go. And the distractions of school work (and parties) will force you to have a business, that to some degree, runs itself.

If you are in college and you have the entrepreneurial bug, don't wait. Do it now. Trust me... I have been there, and I didn't do that.

No comments: